At the beginning of 2019, GWS launched the Event-O-Meter – a new, easy-to-understand measurement of network performance at popular events nationwide. It’s a barometer for how American consumers experience wireless connectivity when networks are trying to accommodate heavy traffic at a particular location. Using our OneScore evaluation process, the Event-O-Meter takes into account voice, data, video, coverage, and reliability metrics based on customer experience.
So far in 2019, we’ve been to six major events and measured their mobile network performance using the Event-O-Meter. Here are the results:
- Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival: 38 (F) yeah it was bad
- Boston Marathon: 76 (C)
- American League Opening Day at Yankee Stadium: 70 (C-)
- National League Opening Day at Nationals Park: 87 (B+) best performance so far this year
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans: 66 (D)
- New Year’s Eve at Times Square, NYC: 77 (C+)
Click below if you want more insight on a particular event – they’re interesting reads! And be sure to check back to see where GWS network testing specialists will go next!